Phottix Variable Grey ND filter 2-8 stops
Cut the light reaching your sensor by 2-8 stops. The Phottix VND-MC Variable ND Filter screws on like a regular lens filter and is completely adjustable. Do away with static ND filters and change density as the environment changes.
Focusing is much easier with a VND then with a tradition ND filter. Turn the ND down to focus, turn it back up to take the shot – much easier than taking a filter out of the holder and adding it back again.
These filters have 12 layers of multi-coating (6+6) for clearer images with less haze.
How can a VND filter be used?
- Variable 2-8 stops of variable density
- Reduce brightness without affecting color or depth of field
- Enable slower shutter speeds to cause blurring effect in water, clouds or cars.
- Decrease depth of field by allowing large apertures to be used while keeping shutter speeds lower.
- For DSLR Video: Help optimize your shutter speed – keeping it double your FPS rate.
- When using film: Decrease the sensitivity of high speed ISO films in bright outdoor conditions.